Curling hair with a flat iron is one of the best methods to make sure you get those frizz-free and sparkling curls you always dreamed of. It makes styling a breeze as well since you can bring one tool and do multiple hairstyles. Many girls seem to be doubtful when it comes to creating curls with a flat iron but we are here to help! First of all you have to make sure that your iron has rounded or beveled edges. Then simply go through the following steps to own a beautifully curled hair.
1. It is always safe to wash your hair before ironing so wash it well and make sure your hair is completely dried. Prep it with heat spray to protect those elegant locks of yours.
2. Follow it up with styling cream which will ensure the lasting look and stay in place for a long time.
3. Hold a 2-inch section of your hair at the ends and place your flat iron a few inches from the roots horizontally. Wrap the hair around the bottom plate in such a way that the ends are pointing downward.
4. Close the plates gently while holding the section of hair at the ends.
5. Lightly glide the iron down towards the ends while rotating the iron outward at the same time for a shiny and bouncy curl! Make sure to use large sections of hair for bigger curls.
6. For chic waves you can hold a 2-inch section of hair at the ends and place your flat iron near the roots. Gently close the plates while holding the section at the ends.
7. Turn your wrist away from you and flip the iron 180°. Pull the iron straight up and rotate the iron outward. Be patient and use both hands if easier.
8. As the final touch, spritz the hairspray and you are done.
Photo credit-love Maegan